Friday, October 30, 2009

update

I saw the doctor on Monday. I told him I do feel better. I don't feel depressed or distant like I used to. I still get irritated and annoyed sometimes but I handle it better. I don't scream at the drop of a hat. I don't throw things. My patience level has gone way up. I think my changes are being reflected in the kid's behaviour. they are doing less of the things that made me lose it.

I still have yet to hear from the sleep clinic. My appointment is Nov 10. If my sleep is messed up as far as apnea, RLS, etc, the sleep doc will help me out. If he gives me the all clear, my family doctor is going to give me some meds to remedy my sleep architecture. He says that it is common with shift workers to develop non-restful sleep. The prescribes this certain med to shift workers all the time and he says it works. If it does, we'll try going off the anti-depressants.

I finished my Anger Solutions class. I learned some valuable things. Stuff about body language, listening, taking responsibility for my feelings, and self-confidence. Because of the class, I've thought more about my feelings and stuff and I felt the maybe some counselling wouldn't hurt. The facilitator put me on a list for a 12 week goal oriented clinical trial. I could be on a waiting list for normal counselling for up to 3 years. I don't wanna wait that long. I'll do the trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers